Building Manager Role & Responsibilities
Building managers oversee employee and visitor safety, building maintenance, repair and upgrades, and comply with environmental, safety and health procedures relating to facility operations utilizing a Quick Reference Guide. The guide is inclusive of other groups on campus that also serve as a resource to building managers.
LBRE's Building Manager Application can be used to search for assigned building managers for all academic buildings.
- Coordinates building maintenance and repairs with Buildings & Grounds Maintenance that affect normal building operation
- Provides occupants with updates of electrical, water and other service outages and scheduled shutdowns
- Oversees building security
- Requests special janitorial services
- Stays informed of changes to space assignments in their facilities
- Coordinates department facility related activities and projects
- Develops and implements facility emergency plans
- During evacuations, assists emergency response teams in assessing building condition, locating missing personnel, shutting off utilities, and delivering a status report to assembly point leaders
Building Management Dashboard